HELP!! for best sub $1000 agency management system/software

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Quickfile is the way to go. Has everything you need all for under $1000 a year. Get carrier downloads, 100% online (no need to backup), scan or save docs to client files, accounting, Acord Forms, bridge with FSC, marketing functions, reports, and they will transfer your data at no charge.
uphere
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by uphere »

We have a three person agency and run DORIS with Applied...
The customer service is not good for us. We call several times hardly ever get a live person, so we leave messages and no one ever returns our calls. Its very frustrating, if we can't download our reports and they dont' bother to tell you what's going on, that's poor service to me.
We also get booted out of the system several times a day, and if you log back in you might end up on the other persons screen and boot them off. It has some nice features that sound good, again no customer support to fix the problems or show us how to do something. I expect more out of the customer service end. I would like to change systems myself but the thought of changing everything over is scary let alone the hassle.
ogrey
Insurance Journal Fan

nasa eclipse

Post by ogrey »

you should all take a look at eclipse. it is the best i have seen for the moeny
Mainemiss
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Agency Management Systems

Post by Mainemiss »

Having started my agency 8 years ago I thought I needed a top name to be sure of having the most efficient system and started with AMS Prime and 3 years ago went to AMS 360 online.

The only plus I am seeing is that the companies are aiming their integration efforts at Applied and AMS at least in the short term...the huge downside is the internal arrogance and outrageous cost. In addition to the $7000 purchase price and $500 per license (we have three) they are demanding that I pay over $100 a month per login name registered even if they log in once a month (part time bookkeeper) on top of the $283.50 base per month.

I am planning to pursue information on Quickfile. We are both a commercial and personal lines agency with a dream of going paperless. It sounds like this can be done without being owned by Applied or AMS.

I am grateful for those who have shared their opinions.
loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by loudmouth »

Anyone else here use Eclipse?? Currently using Prime and I must say it does suck...when you first try it out it looks and runs great on test policies but trust me...this system needs a lot of work. Seems as though pieced this together. Plus they just keep asking for more money and it's just started to get a little too high for me.

On a side note if you have access to an admitted market in Texas that will write Franchised Motels less than 20 years old please contact me. I need someone with direct access..I Don't need another middle man to add fees.
Give me a PM with you number to discuss.

thanks,