House turning 50

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

thecat169
Insurance Journal Fan

House turning 50

Post by thecat169 »

Hello, Can anyone help? :lol: I purchased a home in St. Pete, Fla. 3 years ago and I had much trouble getting insurance and had to go with Citizen's. I remember something about when the house turned 50 and how the insurance would be affected, but I have no idea what? :D The house turns 50 next year....does anyone know how the insurance changes or what happens? thanks for any replies.........L
Brenda
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Brenda »

Mmmm.....you should call your Citizens agent and ask him/her about it. I would guess that their UW probably stated they didn't insure homes over the age of 50 years olds. But, you won't know unless you ask.
floridainsuranceguy
Insurance Journal Fan

50 years olds

Post by floridainsuranceguy »

You will need an up to date 4-point inspection (call a home inspector located in your phone book). If you don't get a cancellation notice dated 90 days prior to the expiration date of your policy your policy will be getting renewed. IF you get the cancellation you can confirm with your agent the need for the 4 "" point inspection.

The 4 Points are updates to:
Roof
Electrical
Plumbing
Central Heat
drose3
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by drose3 »

In St Pete we use 1st choice, 4 pt inspection is $65.00 and quick. phone is 544-9266.