Employment Question

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

diane4413
Insurance Journal Fan

Employment Question

Post by diane4413 »

If I apply for a CSR positon with a State Farm, Farmers or Allstate Agency, does anyone know if they provide benefits to their employees.
My concern is medical, life and possible 401K. My past experience is with an independent agency and benefits were provided.
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

If memory serves, the last two csrs we hired from State Farm agencies didn't have benefits while there.
Big Dog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Big Dog »

Look for a solid regional or national brokerage that specializes in mid-sized (commercial) accounts. Avoid at all costs Aon and Marsh
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

benefits

Post by LadyBroker »

Typically State Farm, Allstate and Farmers agencies are run as sole proprietors, and it's questionable if they could afford to offer you benefits. I did work for a Farmers agent years ago, though, and at that time the agents did have the option to add their full-time office staff onto the Farmers health policies. This was in the late 1980's, though, and I don't know if that's still an option.

If you have alot of experience, you would be bored at one of these agencies. Look for a regional retail or wholesale firm, where your experience will be more valued.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."