goals

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

T
Insurance Journal Fan

goals

Post by T »

I have no idea how I am doing so far, must be some big secret. Does anyone have a guess as to the size of book a producer in a medium size agency should have after four years???? After five years?
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

Talk to your bosses. If they're happy, you are doing fine. Otherwise, they will have some constructive ideas, I'm sure. Every Agency is a little different. If you do your own CSR work the expected production will be lower than if you have good support staff. Ask the boss!

Swymmer
T
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by T »

Thanks Swymer! What I really want to know is if there is some kind of national average or benchmark for a commercial lines producer, nobody will tell me that, not even google.
texex
Insurance Journal Fan

Goals

Post by texex »

T, If you really want to know ie. $$ Go to scic.com - to publications then to productivity and check it out. :)
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: goals

Post by volstrike3 »

[quote="T"]I have no idea how I am doing so far, must be some big secret. Does anyone have a guess as to the size of book a producer in a medium size agency should have after four years???? After five years?[/quote]

It really varies on the area, industry niche and prior. If you are writing contractors in Southern California or the Bay Area, a $500k revenue book of business in four years would be pretty good. If you write homeowners in Iowa, then maybe $200k would be great. You probably have not gotten a strait answer because there isn't a one size fits all number.
jackweho
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by jackweho »

Volstrike, would you please clarify on Revenue Book of Business? Have seen it referenced to premium, agency gross commission, agent net commission, etc. Thanx
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

revenue

Post by volstrike3 »

Sorry for not being clear. Revenue is gross commision to the agency.
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

Go here: http://bp.reaganconsulting.com/bp2006/TOC1.htm

This is a study sponsored by the Big I and it has all the averages you ever wanted to see.
T
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by T »

Thanks! I did order the producer profile book from CIC and maybe that will help too.
T
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by T »

yoyowordup - very interesting report! The "compensation by producer", do you think this is commission only?