Contractors In Texas

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
melissaowen
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by melissaowen »

I am looking at finding any competitive markets for the GL & PKG for contractors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MOJ-Company
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by MOJ-Company »

We can do them. Send submissions to fax (281) 444-4642 or e-mail them to info@moj-co.com. For informational purposes, our website is http://www.moj-co.com
hanksr
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by hanksr »

Consider an appointment with my agency. We exclusively represent one of the largest property and casualty companies in the US. We are an A++ rated company and we have a very competive market for contractors and main street commercial. We can rate most risks inhouse providing a quick turnaround time for quotes.
Call me for a quick quote or fax your submission to 214-275-8375
Rod Hanks
214-275-8372
Sundance
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Sundance »

Rod...what agency are you with?
hanksr
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by hanksr »

The Rod Hanks Agency
Sundance
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Sundance »

Thanks...I looked up your web site...nicely done I might add. It appears however that you are an independent agent and not actually a "company" or "GA" so when you mention to the party above about appointing with your agency, I presume you mean become a producer for your agency?

Just curious as I have a small agency in a rural part of TX so not a big call for commercial (although it is my specialty) but when it crosses my desk I don't like having to head straight for a GA as those fees and taxes are killer in small towns.
mhitt
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by mhitt »

We are a wholesaler based in St Louis and write a lot of business in the Southwest. We have a dedicated unit for contractors and can possibly help you. We do not typically write the artisans because the standard markets like that class, but all others are possible depending on the type, premium levels, etc. Please contact Patrick Reilly at 1-800-999-4774 to discuss further details.

Maureen Hitt,
VP, Marketing
IPSI
MOJ-Company
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by MOJ-Company »

Sundance,

Consider sending them to my office. We are located in Houston and specialize in contractors, both large and small, residential & commercial. I'll even consider risks who sub out large percentages of the work.

We are an MGA with an exclusice program in TX, for Texas risks only (some minor out of state exposure for TX risks can be considered). Try us and I think you will find that we are very knowledgable about coverages and competitive on price in relation to terms offered.
hanksr
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by hanksr »

<!--QuoteBegin-Sundance+Feb 3 2004, 11:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sundance @ Feb 3 2004, 11:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Thanks...I looked up your web site...nicely done I might add. It appears however that you are an independent agent and not actually a "company" or "GA" so when you mention to the party above about appointing with your agency, I presume you mean become a producer for your agency?

Just curious as I have a small agency in a rural part of TX so not a big call for commercial (although it is my specialty) but when it crosses my desk I don't like having to head straight for a GA as those fees and taxes are killer in small towns. [/quote]
You are correct. I am an agent and I should have said become a producer for my agency. We offer a generous commission split for new and renewal for your submissions and we have an extremely fast turn around time for the risks we can rate in house.
Rod