Travelers went direct??

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

plins
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Travelers went direct??

Post by plins »

When did this happen? You can buy a policy on their website.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

I checked it out. I looks like you can only get a quote. Where do you go to buy?
Always Be Closing!
plins
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

at the end of the quote...

Post by plins »

At the end of the quote it gives you 2 options:

1) Buy online right now (including payment screens where you enter your credit card info, etc)
2) Call to buy right now ("speak with a licensed representative & purchase your policy over the phone")

FAQ/How do I purchase a policy?
"In many states, you have two options of purchasing your policy today. You can click the Call to Buy button and be provided with a phone number and additional information to call us and complete your purchase over the phone. Or, if it's available in your state, you can click the Buy Online button and complete your purchase online by following the additional steps listed on the pages to follow."
houstonagent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by houstonagent »

are they going direct??
dragon25
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dragon25 »

They have been writing direct for years now, they just haven't told agents about it. They have also been allowing Geico to write home policies. I believe Geico is their largest agent.

I think its interesting when Safeco announced they were considering selling direct, agents blasted them about it, yet all the others, Hartford, Travelers, Kemper, Progressive have been doing it for years (some more discreetly than others).
gregcw
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: at the end of the quote...

Post by gregcw »

plins wrote:At the end of the quote it gives you 2 options:

1) Buy online right now (including payment screens where you enter your credit card info, etc)
2) Call to buy right now ("speak with a licensed representative & purchase your policy over the phone")

"
plins,

I'm a new appointment with Travelers and I know that I have at least one new customer who got quote on line and found me or was referred to me by their website.
Gregcw
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

That ticks me off that Travelers went direct. I'm rolling all my business to my other carries Progressive, Safeco, Kemper, etc. Wait they went direct to? Doh...
Always Be Closing!