Study Aids for AU and CPCU

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Study Aids for AU and CPCU

Post by loudmouth »

WHich exam prep is worth the money. Keir or The Burnham System?charges are reasonable for Keir is the Burnham System really worth the 300 bucks they want for each class?
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

I bought the "Smart" study aids that they offer with the texts. I've passed 5/8 of the CPCU courses so far. If you actually study then do the Smart study aids, I think that'd be more than enough.
AlstonCPCU
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by AlstonCPCU »

I just used the AICPCU issued stuff. It worked fine. If you do the workbook and the CD-Rom with the practice tests, you'll be prepared.
Dilbert
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

I vote Keir

Post by Dilbert »

I took the old 10 course route and never read the books. I just bought the keir guides and made outlines of the educational objectives they had in them. Then I took the sample test in the workbooks to make sure I could answer them. Passed all my tests on the first shot.
loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by loudmouth »

thanks for the reply...ordered the kier books for arm 54. the other system is just too much. If I fail, then, maybe i'll order the other system
badger
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

study aids

Post by badger »

where do you order these books / cd's
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: study aids

Post by independent guy »

badger wrote:where do you order these books / cd's
Google the names with CPCU, I'm sure they'll come right up. In my opinion, they're overpriced...
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

I heard great things about these guys:

http://www.i-a.com/

Insurance achievements.

Question: What is Insurance Achievement's passing rate?

Answer:
88% of Insurance Achievement's candidates pass their ChFC®, CLU®, CASL™, RHU® and REBC®, CPCU®, ARM®, AIC® national exams on the first attempt.

Question: What does the Insurance Achievement course package consist of?

Answer:
The package includes your Course Guide, which arranges the required readings in an outline format.

To reinforce the Course Guide, Insurance Achievement provides flashcards and computer software with practice exam questions with Booster exams. Also receive online access to exam questions, Cruncher Reviews and Course Updates.

Audio CDs are available as a supplemental learning tool.

So it depends on how you learn. They provide a number of different media so that you can listen on your way to work, do computer practice tests or read in a systematic format.

Question: What is the cost for Insurance Achievement designation study materials?

Answer:
ChFC®, CLU®, CASL™, RHU®, REBC®, CPCU®, ARM® and AIC® . . .
$186 materials cost, plus $8.50 shipping / processing (office) or $12.50 (home)

A one-time registration fee of $35 is charged for all new candidates.

Replacements for a component of your Insurance Achievement package are available for $15 each plus shipping.

Good luck!