Trampolines

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
sistoall
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Trampolines

Post by sistoall »

Does anyone have a company willing to write a Homeowners with a Trampoline? If so curious as to which companies are taking these.
jtabosida
Insurance Journal Addict

Ours does but its a private Insurer USAA

Post by jtabosida »

Good Luck!
jlarosa
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jlarosa »

In Massachusetts we use the Mass Fair Plan for anyone with a trampoline. Other than that, no one would take it.
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

Here in IL they're no problem with all but one of the companies we represent, they just require that it be fenced in.
dragon25
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dragon25 »

I believe Safeco will write them in Texas and possibly in your area.
captivenomore

Post by captivenomore »

I just posted a reply under the Dogs posting. NWGF is a midwest regional carrier that will write an exclusion on the trampoline so you can still write the home. I have had many homeowners get rid of the trampoline when you explain the liability exposure & that most deaths/injuries happen w/ young people with high court judgements to pay out. Even if they can find insurance, it may not be enough if a neighbor kid is killed or paralyzed. Many don't realize insurance wouldn't cover their own kid if they got hurt. Better to get rid of the trampoline or exclude it if you can find that option.
deli
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by deli »

Foremost's specialty dwelling policy also has a trampoline exclusion available in most areas.
marybez
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by marybez »

Commerce Insurance will (in MA) only with Safety netting
plins

Post by plins »

you might have to just call each of your underwriters. It might come down to asking for an exception from your best relationship carrier; assuming you feel strongly about the particular client. I'd make sure they have netting and the trampoline is behind a locked privacy fence--be prepared to supply photos to underwriting.