Royal Neighbors

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

etimer
Insurance Journal Addict

Royal Neighbors

Post by etimer »

Has anyone had experience with a life company called Royal Neighbors. I recently contracted with them and today I sent an app to them.

For probably the past 5 years all my life apps were e-mailed in and the signature pages would follow through the regular mail. Royal Neighbors said they won't take e-mail but want it faxed to them. When I faxed the app their fax machine would only handshake at 9600. Most all fax machines I send to (especially at a company that receives high volume) receive at 14,400. It took 24 minutes for them to receive 13 pages. I kept picturing an insurance company being run out of someone's garage on a budget that can't afford a good fax machine.

There are times when I have 2 or 3 life apps to send to a company at the same time. With such a slow fax machine, this royal neighbors company would be a nightmare to send 40 pages of apps.

Anybody have experience with their life insurance?
laidback
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Royal Neighbors

Post by laidback »

No, haven't done business with them, however, they are a non-profit fraternal "membership" carrier. My suggestion is you take the time to contact them in Illinois and find out what is wrong with their faxing system. That is way too long to send an app. :oops:
Provide the Maximum Benefits for the Minimum Cost and the Best Possible Service