Commerce West Ins Good/Bad Experience

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

jshall
Insurance Journal Fan

Commerce West Ins Good/Bad Experience

Post by jshall »

Hello,

I'm a CA Broker and I would like to know others experience with the company.
How is claims/customer service and ease of doing business with them?
Do they keep thier word, commision increase profit shareing etc..
I poped them in the rater and the rates are smokin in my area!!

Thank you in advance,
Jack
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Commerce West Ins Good/Bad Experience

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

Hi Jack,
We have been using this carrier since way back when it was known as "Western Pioneer Insurance". Our agency has been in business since after WWII when this company was a niche market for auto insurance for Japanese and Japanese Americans in the 50's, although they would write for anyone who qualified. Commerce West purchased Western Pioneer a number of years ago and they continue to service our clients, both Japanese and non-Japanese. We have a great relationship with our underwriters and policy service. You can utilize their on-line rating program or FSC if you subscribe.
They have a tiered rating system, so some of your "non good drivers" may qualify, depending on the circumstances.

Claims service is great, too. I never have to wait more than a 1/2 day to get a call back from the adjusters.

The web site can also be accessed by your clients to pay their premiums using a credit or debit card. There is a toll free number for your clients if they need to report a claim directly or inquire about their policy and/or premium.

I think you will be pleased with their commission pay-out. Commissions have been adjusted over the years and you would have to check with them regarding profit-sharing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!
SFOInsuranceLady
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Commerce West Ins Good/Bad Experience

Post by meytai »

They're ok