A Rhode Island man is suing the state Division of Motor Vehicles, saying the agency told him his license was being suspended but failed to give a valid reason.
Gerald Carbone, of Warwick, says he received a notice last week telling him his license would be suspended, effective Thursday, for an unspecified incident that occurred on a nonsensical date. The notice says he owed a fee of zero dollars.
The lawsuit was filed on Carbone’s behalf by the Rhode Island affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, which says similar notices being sent to thousands of state residents are unconstitutional.
Notices of old, forgotten violations are being sent as the DMV upgrades and consolidates computer functions.
Topics Lawsuits
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
Florida Regulators Crack the Whip on Auto Warranty Firm, Fake Certificates of Insurance
Zurich Insurance Profit Beats Estimates as CEO Eyes Beazley
Preparing for an AI Native Future 

